What is Tetra Octyl Ammonium Bromide?
This chemical is related to benzethonium chloride and is utilized in hospitals and other establishments as a disinfectant, surface treatment agent, and preservative. In order to achieve consistent particle size, it serves as a surfactant in the manufacture of blue-luminescent silicon nanoparticles.
Tetraoctylammonium Bromide Properties:
- Molecular Formula: C32H68BrN
- Synonyms: Tetraoctyl ammonium bromide; tetraoctylazanium bromide
- Molecular Weight: 546.8
- IUPAC Name: tetraoctylazanium;bromide
- CAS No: 14866-33-2
- Physical Description: White hygroscopic crystals
- Melting point: 95 to 98 degree centigrade
Features of Tetra Octyl Ammonium Bromide:
- Easily soluble in water, acetone, methanol, and so on.
- Should be stored in a cool place.
Tetraoctylammonium Bromide Applications:
It is used as a cationic ingredient while making membranes, along with dibutyl phthalate as a plasticizer and the cyclam derivative.
- Hygroscopic in nature
- They are powerful oxidising agents that is incompatible.