Tetra Methyl Ammonium Chloride (TMAC) is a hygroscopic colorless compound that belongs to the class of quaternary ammonium salts. It shows good solubility in water and various polar solvents. It is commonly used as a chemical reagent during the hydrofracking chemical process. The compound physically appears as a white colored crystal with a density of 1.17 grams per cubic centimeters. Buy this product from us with a minimum order quantity of 25 kilograms.
Tetramethylammonium Chloride Properties:
- CAS Number: 75-57-0
- Formula: C4H12NCl
- Molar mass: 109.6 g/mol
- Melting point: 425 degree centigrade
- Density: 1.17 g/cm3
- Solubility in water: Soluble in water and methanol. Slightly soluble in ethanol. Insoluble in ether, benzene, chloroform
- Classification: Quaternary ammonium cation
- Appearance: White crystals
- EC number: 200-880-8
- pH value: 6 - 8 (100 g/l, H2O, 20 degree centigrade)
Key Facts of Tetra Methyl Ammonium Chloride:
- It dissolves in water and polar organic solvents.
- This chemical is used in many industries as a chemical reagent.
- It is also used in labs in synthetic chemical applications.
- Trimethylamine and methyl chloride can be reacted to produce Tetramethylammonium chloride.
Application: Tetramethylammonium chloride for synthesis.
Storage and Shipping Information: Store below plus 30 degree centigrade