Tetra Ethyl Ammonium Bromide (TEAB) is well known for its multi purpose roles. It is utilizes as an effective phase transfer catalyst. Known for its stable chemical attributes, this chemical is required in organic chemical synthesis procedure. As suitable source of teraerhylammonium ions, this chemical is required in physiological as well as in pharmacological studies. It is hygroscopic by nature and it easily dilutes in water. It has mild smell and it is offered in around 98% pure form.
Tetraethylammonium Bromide Properties:
- Preferred IUPAC name: N,N,N-Triethylethanaminium bromide
- Molar mass: 210.16 g/mol
- Formula: C8H20NBr
- Density: 1.4 g/cm3
- Melting point: 286 degree centigrade
- Solubility in water: Soluble
- CAS Number: 71-91-0
- Assay: 98%
- Form: Crystalline
- pH: 6.5 (100 g/L)
Tetra Ethyl Ammonium Bromide Features:
- The other names by which this compound is known are TEAB and TEA bromide.
- It can be used in the process of hydrothermal crystallization to synthesize zeolite beta.
- It plays a role in forming thioesters for oxidative coupling of aldehydes/alcohols together with thiophenols/disulfides.
- It is recommended to use protective equipment as it is toxic.
- It is supplied in poly bottles.