We are one of the leading Tetra Butyl Ammonium Iodide (TBAI) manufacturer that physically appears as an off-white compound having a molecular formula of C16H36IN with an average molar mass of 369.37 grams per mol. It is highly corrosive in nature hence it is advised to handle with extra care using various personal protection gears such as gloves, glasses, and face masks. It is highly sensitive to light and moisture hence it is advised to store this compound in dark colored containers.
Tetrabutylammonium Iodide Properties:
- PubChem CID: 67553
- Molecular Formula: C16H36IN
- Molecular Weight: 369.37
- IUPAC Name: tetrabutylazanium;iodide
- CAS No: 311-28-4
- Physical Description: White hygroscopic crystals
- Melting Point: 147 degree centigrade
- Solubility (soluble in): Alcohol, Ether
- Purity (Nonaqueous Titration): min. 98.0 %
- EC Number: 206-220-5
- Assay: 98%
Key Facts of Tetra Butyl Ammonium Iodide:
- It plays an essential role in O-benzyl-N-Boc-L-tyrosine benzyl ester synthesis.
- It can convert 8-fluoro-1-aminonaphthalene into 1-(8-fluoro-naphthalen-1-yl)piperazine hydrochloride as a catalyst.
- It can also derive allylic sulfones from apha-methyl styrene derivatives.
- Also called TBAI, the reagent grade is supplied in glass bottles.