What is Tetra Butyl Ammonium Chloride?
This compound acts as a tetrabutylammonium cation and a chloride anion make up the organic chloride salt. It is both an organic chloride salt and a tetrabutylammonium salt.
Tetrabutylammonium chloride Properties:
- CAS Number: 1112-67-0
- Molecular Formula: C16H36ClN
- Molar mass: 277.92
- Appearance: white solid
- Density: 1.018 g/cm3
- Synonyms: Tetrabutyl ammonium chloride; tetrabutylammoniumchloride
- IUPAC Name: tetrabutylazanium;chloride
- Physical Description: White odorless crystals; Hygroscopic
Features of Tetra Butyl Ammonium Chloride:
- This compound serves as a phase transfer catalyst.
- This compound is easily soluble and safe to use.
Tetrabutylammonium chloride Applications:
For more environmentally friendly deoxychlorination, phosphorus pentoxide and tetra-n-butylammonium chloride hydrate are utilised.
- This is powerful oxidising agents that is incompatible.