What is Phenyl Trimethyl Ammonium Tribromide?
It serves as oxidizing factor and as brominating agent during formulation of sulfoxides and disulfides. This chemical is non toxic by content.
Phenyltrimethylammonium Tribromide Properties:
- Molecular Formula: C9H14Br3N
- Molecular Weight: 375.93 gm
- CAS No: 4207-56-1
- PubChem CID: 77880
- Melting Point: 112 degree centigrade to 117 degree centigrade
Features of Phenyl Trimethyl Ammonium Tribromide:
- This chemical tends to evaporate when comes in contact with air.
- Does not dilute in water
- Chemical properties of this substance remain stable at normal temperature.
Applications of Phenyltrimethylammonium Tribromide:
As brominating reagent, this chemical is required for 1.2 addition of bromine to attain apha, beta unsaturated compounds.
- Hygroscopic chemical
- Orange in color
- Accessible in crystalline form
- Light sensitive by nature