Methyl triphenyl phosphonium iodide is used as a reactant for synthesis of Triplet carbenes, alkaloid natural products, triphenylamine-based dyes and polyolefinic aromatic molecules with pyrene. It is used as ligand in coupling reaction, and precursor to a Wittig reagent.
Methyltriphenylphosphonium Iodide Properties:
- CAS: 2065-66-9
- Molecular Formula: C19H18IP
- Molecular Weight : 404.23 g/mol
- Melting Point: 185 degree centigrade to 188 degree centigrade
- Odor: Odorless
- Solubility Information: Soluble in water, acetone, dichloromethane, methanol.
- Sensitivity: Hygroscopic; Light sensitive
- Percent Purity: 98%
- Form: Powder
- Appearance: White to Almost white powder to crystal
- Solubility: Soluble in water, acetone, methanol, dichloromethane, etc.
Note: Light sensitive and hygroscopic. Store in dark space, away from humidity and water.