Also called as TPP, TPP-Br, TPPB and TPPBr, Tetraphenyl Phosphonium Bromide is a quaternary phosphonium salt. It is soluble in water and alcohol. It is used as a supporting electrolyte for the electroreduction of buckminsterfullerene, as accelarator for fluoroelastomers and as an ion-association complex for the extraction of heavy metals from aqueous solution. Another application of this chemical compound us to remove technetium from some radioactive waste streams. Pharmaceutical industry also demand Tetraphenylphosphonium bromide.
Tetraphenyl Phosphonium Bromide Properties:
- CAS No.2751-90-8
- Chemical Name: Tetraphenylphosphonium bromide
- Synonyms: Tetraphenylphsohonium bromide; TetraphenylphosphoniuM broMid
- Molecular Formula: C24H20BrP
- Molecular Weight: 419.29 g/mol
- Melting point: 295-300 degree centigrade (lit.)
- Flash point: 260 degree centigrade
- Form: Crystalline Powder
- Color: White to off-white
- Water Solubility: Soluble in water.
- Sensitive: Hygroscopic
Storage temperature: Inert atmosphere, Room Temperature