1,2-Dimethoxy Ethane (MONOGLYMEE) is a water miscible compound that physically appears as a colorless liquid with a density of 0.8683 grams per cubic centimeters. It is commonly used as solvents for oligo and polysaccharides. The offered product comes in purest form with a purity of up to 98 percent that makes it highly demanding among our customers.
- PubChem CID: 8071
- Molecular Formula: C4H10O2 or CH3OCH2CH2OCH3
- Molecular Weight: 90.12 grams per mol
- CAS No: 110-71-4
- Physical Description: It appears as a liquid with a sharp odor. Less dense than water.
- Appearance: Colorless liquid
- Odor: Mild odor
- Boiling Point: 85 degree centigrade
- Melting Point: -58 degree centigrade
- Flash Point: -2 degree centigrade
- Solubility in water: miscible
- Solubility: Soluble in hydrocardon solvents
- Vapor Pressure: 48.00 mmHg
- pH: 8.2
1,2-Dimethoxy Ethane Features:
- The other names for this chemical compound are DME, Dimethylglycol, and Monoglyme.
- It finds use in cyclic amines synthesis.
- It is also used in adamantylideneadamantane synthesis.
- It can be supplied in large drums.