Ethyl Triphenyl Phosphonium Bromide (ETPPB) is a premium grade phase transfer catalyst that is commonly used as pharmaceutical intermediates. It can also be used in the production process of epoxy resins and powder coatings. This compound is hydroscopic in nature and shows excellent solubility in water at room temperature. The offered product is acutely toxic in nature and may cause serious damages if swallowed and comes in direct contact with skin.
Ethyltriphenylphosphonium Bromide Properties:
- Molecular Formula: C20H20BrP
- Synonyms: Ethyltriphenylphosphonium bromide; Ethyl triphenyl phosphonium bromide; phonium, ethyltriphenyl-, bromideTriphenylethylphosphonium bromide
- Molecular Weight: 371.2 g/mol
- Melting point: 203-205 degree centigrade (lit.)
- Boiling point: 24 degree centigrade [at 101 325 Pa]
- Density: 1.38[at 2 degree centigrade]
- vapor pressure: 0-0.1Pa at 20-25 degree centigrade
- Flash point: 200 degree centigrade
- Storage temperature: Inert atmosphere,Room Temperature
- Solubility: 174g/l soluble
- Water Solubility: 120 g/L (23 degree centigrade)
- Sensitive: Hygroscopic
- Appearance : White color
- Appearance (Form): Crystalline compound
- Solubility (Turbidity) 10% aq. solution: Clear
- Solubility (Colour) 10% aq. solution: Colourless
Ethyl Triphenyl Phosphonium Bromide Features:
- It is also referred as TEP.
- It finds use in synthesis of D-amino acids and Cycloalkanoindolines.
- It is used in the formation of alkyl-dipropenylthiophene monomers by Solid-state metathesis polycondensation process.
- It is supplied in poly bottles.