Ethyl Triphenyl Phosphonium Bromide (ETPPB) is a premium grade phase transfer catalyst that is commonly used as pharmaceutical intermediates. It can also be used in the production process of epoxy resins and powder coatings. This compound is hydroscopic in nature and shows excellent solubility in water at room temperature. The offered product is acutely toxic in nature and may cause serious damages if swallowed and comes in direct contact with skin.
Ethyltriphenylphosphonium Bromide Properties:
- PubChem CID: 73727
- Molecular Formula: C20H20BrP
- Molecular Weight: 371.2
- IUPAC Name: ethyl(triphenyl)phosphanium;bromide
- CAS No: 1530-32-1
- Appearance: White to Almost white powder to crystal
- Purity (HPLC): min. 98.0 area%
- Purity (Nonaqueous Titration): min. 98.0 %
- Melting Point: 210 degree centigrade
- Solubility: soluble in Methanol and slightly soluble in water and acetone
Key Facts of Ethyl Triphenyl Phosphonium Bromide:
- It is also referred as TEP.
- It finds use in synthesis of D-amino acids and Cycloalkanoindolines.
- It is used in the formation of alkyl-dipropenylthiophene monomers by Solid-state metathesis polycondensation process.
- It is supplied in poly bottles.