We are a renowned cetrimide (CTMD) manufacturer. It is a chemically known as alkyl-tri-methyl-ammonium bromide. It belongs to the class of quaternary ammonium compounds that is commonly used in medical applications for the cleaning of roadside accident wounds. Due to its excellent antiseptic properties it can also be used for the production of topical formulations and dental treatment solutions. Buy this product from us as per your demands at a low price range.
- PubChem CID: 14250
- Molecular Formula: C17H38BrN
- Molecular Weight: 336.4
- IUPAC Name: trimethyl(tetradecyl)azanium;bromide
- CAS No: 1119-97-7
- Physical Description: Solid
- It works as a disinfectant and antiseptic.
- It is therefore used in medicinal spray, gel and cream.
- It can also be used to treat skin disorders.
- It can also be applied to minor burns.
- It may cause side effects, such as redness, burning sensation and rash.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How does CETRIMIDE work?
Ans: Cetrimide contains cetrimide, which has antiseptic, antibacterial, and antifungal properties. It prevents the growth of microorganisms by interfering with the formation of cell walls. Therefore, it is helpful for treating infections.
2. Can I stop using CETRIMIDE on my own?
Ans: Do not stop using Cetrimide without talking to your doctor, even if your symptoms subside. Sudden discontinuation may worsen the condition. Therefore, complete a full course of Cetrimide as prescribed by your doctor and contact your doctor if you experience any problems while using Cetrimide.
3. Can Cetrimide be used on open wounds?
Ans: Cetrimide belongs to a class of medicines called "antiseptics" and is primarily used for treating wounds, cuts, minor burns, and for protecting against infection. It is also used to treat sunburn, acne, seborrheic dermatitis, and acne.
4. What is Cetrimide effective for?
Ans: As a pharmaceutical ingredient, cetrimide is used as an active ingredient in various products. It is primarily used for topical application of sprays, gels, and creams for a variety of purposes to help clean burns and wounds, disinfect skin before injections and surgeries, and treat fungal infections and diaper rashes.
5. What is the adverse effect of Cetrimide cream?
Ans: Cetrimide can cause side effects such as rashes, irritation, and dryness. Stop using this medicine and contact your doctor immediately if you experience a rash, shortness of breath, or swelling of the mouth or eyes. These may be signs of an allergic reaction.
6. What is the active ingredient in Cetrimide?
Ans: The active ingredient is: cetrimide 0.5% w/w. The other ingredients are: cetostearyl alcohol, liquid paraffin, chlorocresol, purified water.