What is Tetra Butyl Ammonium Tribromide?
This chemical is an organic compound that is a powerful oxidising agent. A hydroxyl group or an unshared electron pair from the carbonyl group may be the reactive site on the molecule.
Tetrabutylammonium Tribromide Properties:
- Molecular Formula: C16H36Br3N
- Synonyms: : Tetrabutyl ammonium tribromide; Tetra-n-butylammonium tribromide
- Molecular Weight: 482.2 gram
- CAS No: 38932-80-8
- Appearance: pale orange solid, red when recrystallized from DMF
- Melting point: 71 to 76 degree centigrade
Benefits of Tetra Butyl Ammonium Tribromide:
Inflammatory bowel disease and other inflammatory disorders have both been treated with it. This chemical as a catalyst in the electrophilic substitution of indoles with various aldehydes to produce bis-indolymethanes.
Tetrabutylammonium tribromide Applications:
This is as a catalyst in the production of free sugar O-isopropylidene derivatives. It also acts as a reagent in methanol for the chemoselective cleavage of tert-butyldimethylsilyl ethers.
- This compound should be handled with care
- Wear protective gloves before using.