Tetra Butyl Ammonium Bromide (TBAB) is a laboratory grade chemical that is used as a phase transfer catalyst for the preparation of tetra-butyl-ammonium salts. It physically appears as a white solid in its anhydrous form with a melting point of 103 degrees Celsius. It is highly incompatible with strong oxidizing agents. It is highly irritant in nature and may cause serious skin and eye irritation. Buy from us this highly pure chemical with a minimum order quantity of 25 kilograms.
Tetrabutylammonium Bromide Properties:
- Preferred IUPAC name: N,N,N-Tributylbutan-1-aminium bromide
- Molar mass: 322.368 g/mol
- Melting point: 103 degree centigrade (217 degree fahrenheit; 376 K)
- Formula: C16H36BrN
- Appearance: White solid
- CAS Number: 1643-19-2
- EC Number: 216-699-2
Tetra Butyl Ammonium Bromide Features:
- Compared to an uncatalyzed reactions, it increases both speed and yield.
- Also referred as TBAB, it is quaternary ammonium compound.
- A study of its interfacial properties was conducted in relation to hydroxide-induced reactions.
- The molten TBAB behaves as an ionic liquid, making it a green alternative to organic solvents.
- The molten TBAB is used in several processes, such as polyamides (PAs) synthesis, poly(vinyl chloride) dehydrochlorination, alkyl-substituted pyrroles synthesis and dithioacetals synthesis.
- It can be supplied in glass and poly bottles.